The following significant changes in the scope of consolidation occurred in 2014, 2013 and 2012:
- There were no significant changes in the scope of consolidation in 2014
- In October 2013, FCA acquired from General Motors the 50.0 percent residual interest of VM Motori Group.
- In November 2013, the investment in the Brazilian company, CMP Componentes e Modulos Plasticos Industria e Commercio Ltda, which was previously classified as held for sale on acquisition, was consolidated on a line-by-line basis as a result of changes in the plans for its sale.
- In December 31, 2013, the assets and liabilities related to a subsidiary consolidated by the Components segment (Fonderie du Poitou Fonte S.A.S.) were reclassified as Asset and liabilities held for sale (Note 22); the subsidiary was subsequently disposed of in May 2014.
- In April 2012, as a result of changes in the Fiat India Automobiles Limited (“FIAL”) shareholding agreements, this entity was classified as a Joint operation and its share of assets, liabilities, revenues and expenses were recognized in the Consolidated financial statements; the investment was no longer accounted for under equity method accounting.
- In July 2012, FCA entered into an agreement with PSA Peugeot Citroën providing for the transfer of its interest in the joint venture Sevelnord Société Anonyme at a symbolic value. In accordance with IFRS 5, from June 2012 the investment in Sevelnord Société Anonyme was reclassified within assets held for sale and was measured at fair value, resulting in an unusual loss of €91 million. The joint venture was subsequently disposed of in the fourth quarter of 2012.